Thursday, June 17, 2010

Praying for the restoration of nations and for those in need ~ 18 Jun 2010

Praying for the restoration of nations and for those in need ~ 18 Jun 2010

Psalm 18:2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Father, we pray for all nations going through war and persecution. We pray for Your power to reign and rule. We bind the works of the enemy right now. We render him powerless by the blood of Jesus.

Lord Jesus we pray that nations would stand firm upon Your laws which have stood firm through the ages. We pray for men and women of righteousness to be used and raised up for such a time as this.

Father, restoration will not take place if we do things our way and out of human ability. Restoration can only take place through the work of our Lord. Today, we pray for nations to bow their knees in complete surrender to You.

The enemy is living, at work, and will do everything in his power to confuse us, steal, kill, and destroy. But our Father is here! His blood will change this world. In Jesus Name we pray, amen.

Father, we pray right now that our hearts would be driven towards making a difference in the lives of those who are poor and in need. I am reminded today of the Old Testament. You reminded us not to be selfish to leave enough food for the poor in our fields.

Leviticus 19:9 When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the Lord your God.

Father I pray we would desire hearts of compassion for the poor, in need, and those who are critically ill.

In the name of Jesus, we pray that we would begin to hear Your voice. Hear Your cries. Father, we pray that we would be used by You. In Jesus name we pray, amen.

No comments: